Soft Skill Development
“Soft Skills” correlates with some terms of a very close meaning: “Life Skills”, “Emotional Intelligence Quotients”, “Social Skills”, and “Interpersonal Skills”
Soft Skills course contents:
- An Introduction – Definition and Significance of Soft Skills; Process, Importance of Soft Skill Development. Self-Discovery; Setting Goals; Beliefs, Values, Attitude, Positivity and Motivation: Developing Positive Thinking and Attitude; Driving out Negativity; Meaning – Motivation and how to enhance motivation levels.
- Interpersonal Communication: Interpersonal relations; communication models, process and barriers; team communication; developing interpersonal relationships, effective communication skills; listening skills; essential formal writing skills; corporate communication styles – assertion, persuasion, negotiation.
- Public Speaking: Skills, Methods, Strategies and Essential tips for effective public speaking.
Group Discussion: Importance, Planning, Elements, Skills assessed; Initiating, disagreeing and summarizing and Attaining the Objective.
- Non-Verbal Communication: gestures and postures, Importance and Elements; Body Language.
- Teamwork and Leadership Skills: Concept of Teams; Building effective teams; Concept of Leadership and honing Leadership skills.
- Interview Skills: Interviewer and Interviewee – in-depth perspectives. Before, During and After the Interview. Tips for Success. Presentation Skills: Types, Content, Audience Analysis, Essential Tips – Before, During and After, Overcoming Nervousness.
- Etiquette and Manners – Social and Business. Time Management – Concept, Essentials, Tips. Personality Development – Meaning, Nature, Features, Stages, Models; Learning Skills; Adaptability Skills.
- Decision making skills and Conflict Management:
- Stress Management: Stress – Definition, Nature, Types, Symptoms and Causes; Impact of Stress, stress handling techniques.
- Leadership and Assertiveness Skills: A Good Leader; Leaders and Managers; types of Leaders; Leadership Behaviour;
- Emotional Intelligence: Meaning, History, Features, Components, Intrapersonal and Management Excellence; Strategies to enhance Emotional Intelligence.
- Writing practices, Preparation of CV and life skills.
Note: Each topic in all the above units will be monitored by practice exercises and classroom activities and real life projects.
MS office:- ( Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
Advance:- Advance Excel & Digital Marketing